Monday, May 21, 2012

Engagement Photography


Yesterday, I participated in a mock engagement photo shoot with the wedding photography company that I’m working with.  We practiced photographing a couple for an engagement shoot.  I’m quite happy with how a number of the shots came out:





First of all, we were blessed were with such a beautiful couple.  Just look at them!  It was easy to photograph them.




The biggest challenge I found was directing the couple.  Part of the trouble was the number of photographers there.  We had a number of associates there for practice, so it was hard to know who was in charge.  As a natural introvert, I was hesitant to butt in and offer a suggestion, but as everyone settled in, it felt myself absorbing the energy of the shoot.  Once the couple were relaxed and just having fun, it got much easier to capture them in natural, effortless poses.  Those were the best moments, and seeing them emerge on film was priceless.





I really enjoyed this opportunity.  It’s lovely to see happy couples and to be able to catch those moments of bliss and reproduce them for the couple to cherish forever. 


No comments:

Post a Comment