Monday, April 30, 2012

Multidimensionality

Multidimensionality...


It's not something that is often embraced by this world that values efficiency and specialization, but it's what makes that same world so engaging and fascinating.  No one is truly one-dimensional, no matter how much they focus their energy on one or two particular talents or traits, and complexity challenges us, excites us, and teaches us.



I used to abhor the phrase "jack of all trades," mostly because of the implied and often explicitly stated "master of none" that followed those words.  It took me years of buckling down and forcing myself into a small, cramped emotional and intellectual box before I finally realized that I was just not going to fit.

And that was okay.

I started this blog to explore my diverse set of interests from my own unique perspective. Every diverse facet of the human experience is an authentic and valuable part of the whole.  We can find truth in divergent fields: what is most important is to explore.


So I leave you with this: today, take a minute to think about what it is that animates you.  It can be one thing or hundreds.  What is this life without passions?  As Einstein said: "He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed."

Find something today that makes you stand in awe.


1 comment:

  1. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
    gta 5 apk

    ReplyDelete